The neighbourhood
The WuWA housing estate is spatially connected with the area of the Centennial Hall and the ZOO which altogether are a “free time zone”. Alongside the zones of the Market Square and the stadium, it will become one of those three most important places for mass events, offering wide range of cultural, recreational and entertainment functions. The Centennial Hall was entered into the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2006. This is also a major factor in raising awareness and widening knowledge about the housing estate and modernist architecture among inhabitants and tourists.

Centennial Hall.
The Centennial Hall is one of the most prominent monuments in Wrocław – the wide-spanning conrete structure of its dome entered into the history of architecture. Designed by Max Berg, it was erected from 1911 – 1913 as a multifunctional hall for exhibitions, concerts, performances and other important events. The central auditorium is surronded by a circular walkway accessing the upper floors and the four apses. Thanks to its reinforced concerte structure, the diameter of the dome is 65mwith a height of 42m. The roof with its characteristic terraces is crowned by a latern. The function of the building is still the same as in the past. After its renovation in 2011, it has seats for 6,500 or standing room for 10,000 spectators. The Centennial Hall was entered into the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2006.
(source: Leksykon Architektury Wrocławia, 2011)
www.halastulecia.pl

Wrocław Congress Centre
Wrocław Congress Centre (WCK), Regional centre for business tourism, the former restaurant building.The restaurant building was designed by Max Berg in 1911 – until today it constitutes one of the most important elements of the exhibition area. It is situated on the axis connecting the Centennial hall and the Pergola. Today it accommodates the largest congress centre in Wrocław.
(source: Leksykon Architektury Wrocławia, 2011)

Pergola.
The Pergola was designed by Hans Poelzig and erectedet the beginning of the 20th century. It surrounds the elliptical water basin and consits of two rows of concrete columns carrying a grid roof overgrown with Japanese ivy. The pergola constitutes the architectural link of the Centennial Hall ensemble and Park Szczytnicki.
(source: Leksykon Architektury Wrocławia, 2011)

Multimedia fountain.
With its water surface of 1 hectare, the fountain is the largest in poland and one of the major installations in europe. It is the conversion of Hans Poelzig´s water basin created for the Centennial exhibition in 1912. Its opening ceremony was held on June 4th, 2009, celebrating the twentieth anniversary of the first free elections in Poland.800 multi-coloured lights are installed in the water basin, and 300 water jets of different characteristics (foaming, fogging, pointing, bursting, turning, dynamically changing) can throw the water up to a height of 40 meters. Furthermore, the fountain features a 700 square meter water screen which can be projected on by laser or video beamers, making it possible to show animated water and light spectacles syncronized to sound tracks. An interactive fountain for children dirctly adjoins the large basin.
(source:www.wroclawskafontanna.pl; Leksykon Architektury Wrocławia, 2011)

The pavillon of the four domes
The pavillon of the four domes(formerly pavillon of the historic exhibition).Designed by Hans Poelzig in 1913, its symmetrical an axial layout is typical of a museum building of this time. The building is characterized by its four domes, which admit the light in the interiour of the exhibition halls. The building encloses an interiour garden court with a statue of Pallas Athena in its very centre. Currently the ensemble is subject to renovation works – from 2016 on, it will house the contemporary art collection of the National Museum. Beyond that, temporary exhibitions and events in the interiour court are scheduled as well.
(source: Leksykon Architektury Wrocławia, 2011)

The japanese garden
The japanese garden was laid out in Park Szczytnicki as one of the so-called thematic gardens of the 1913 garden exhibition. It followed an idea of Fritz von Hochberg, who at that time committed himself to popularising the art of japanese gardens. Since then, the garden remained practically unchanged, until its recent degardation called for a renovation. In 1995, Prof. Ikui Nishikawa from Tokyo conducted the conception of a revitalisation plan which was realised from 1996 to 1997. The damage by the 1997 flooding was extremely severe and caused another two years of renovation until 1999. The garden comprises several kinds of traditional japanese gardens: a public garden, a water garden, a tea garden and a pebble garden.
(source: Leksykon Zieleni Wrocławia, 2013)

Park Szczytnicki.
The park was founded in 1854, when the municipality allocated the land to the public for the creation of a park. Unlike the other parks of Wrocław, Park Szczytnicki featured numerous alterations as time went on, often stimulated by the development of the adjacent areas: the zoo, the horse race course, the velodrome, the botanic garden, the trade fair and the exhibition area. Thus the recreational function of the park was mixed with and complemented by other features, creating the unique character of Park Szczytnicki, which is also a prominent work of art by the high class of its landscape design, its sculptures and its architecture.
(source: Leksykon Zieleni Wrocławia, 2013)

The zoologicalgarden.
Founded in 1865, the zoological garden was recognized as one of the most advanced facilities of its kind at the time of its inauguration. It had to be closed only twice: due to the crisis after the First World War, and after being severely damaged in the Second World War. Today the zoo houses 5000 animals of 900 species on a surface area of 33 hectares.
(source:www.zoo.wroclaw.pl; Leksykon Architektury Wrocławia, 2011)

Afrykarium
Afrykarium – this is the name of the new oceanarium in the zoologic garden,it is currently under construction. After its completion it will exhibit various ecosystems of the Black Continent. The visitors will find numerous water basins and aquaria showing attractions such as coral reefs of the Mediterranean Sea, hippopotami or freshwater fishes of Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika. The building will also house a conference facility, a training centre and a restaurant with panorama terrace.
(source:www.afrykarium.com.pl)